Sunday, January 18, 2015

Long Distance Relationship

I’ve always been a bit clingy-- I’ll be the first to admit that.
I just hate that feeling you get knowing that something is over.
I don’t watch television series finales. I don’t read the the last book in a trilogy.
Hell, I don’t even say goodbye when someone leaves-- I always just say “see you later.”
So, you can understand why I would be reluctant to get attached to anyone.
But, when you meet someone you just click with, it’s not easy.
I mean when I first met her it was just-- I’m sorry, what was your name again?
Ah, thank you-- So, Frank, when I first met her, I knew I was hooked.
From her gentle smile, to her contagious laugh-- it was clear she was perfect.
But, like I said, that posed more problems than benefits.
If I tried to become her friend, we might not get along--
Even if I became her boyfriend, we could break up.
So, the answer became obvious.
I’d just watch her.
What? Oh-- Sure, I’d love a drink.
Anyway, where was I? Oh, right--

I just watched-- admiring her from a distance.
It worked great for awhile, but then she met him.
From the first time I saw her talk to him, I knew he would be a problem.
He was pushy, cocky, and worst of all: Charming. As. Hell.
They were inseparable, she became his shadow.
He brought her everywhere, always sure to let people know she was “his girl.”
Then, one day, he went too far.
I was sitting in my car, looking into her apartment-- which was now “their apartment.”
They got into an argument over him paying rent-- after all it was “their apartment.”
What? Oh, I hid a microphone in the apartment, that’s how I heard them. Anyways--
He said some things I’d rather not repeat, and stormed off-- leaving her crying and alone.
So, I decided to follow him, see what was so damn important that he could leave her like that.

That’s when I saw him with another girl, and, well, let’s just say they were beyond “friendly.”
I was furious. I mean, she was perfect, how could he be so callous-- so blind?
So, Officer, I took what I felt was the only appropriate course of action...
No, I don’t regret that.
If he couldn’t see she was perfect, he clearly wasn’t using those eyes in the first place.

After that, I couldn’t just watch her anymore.
I finally approached her, tried to explain who I was, what we could have, why I cared so much--
But, she wouldn’t listen... So, here we are.
I felt turning myself in was the only appropriate thing to do after that.
No. I’m sorry Frank, I can’t do that.
Knowing where she is, is all I have left... I can’t have you ruining that.

No comments:

Post a Comment