Friday, February 6, 2015

Behind Closed Doors

[Part 1]

I’ve walked through ruined corridors, and crawled through passages choked with decay.
After ten years of my urban adventures, I had opened many a rust-encrusted door.
But, when some doors are locked-- that’s how they should stay.

So many buildings lie forgotten... there’s a new one everyday.
Nowadays, the once exciting delving, currently seemed more like a chore.
I’ve walked through ruined corridors, and crawled through passages choked with decay.

But recently, all I had found was empty rooms-- much to my dismay.
However, this last building left me with more than I could have asked for.
But, when some doors are locked-- that’s how they should stay.

It looked like an old warehouse, without a soul in sight to stand in my way.
I wasn’t sure it would be worth my time, but I had dealt with disappointment before.
I’ve walked through ruined corridors, and crawled through passages choked with decay.

The lock seemed brand new, but that didn’t keep my prying hands at bay.
As my only obstacle clattered pitifully to the ground, I stepped through the door.
But, when some doors are locked-- that’s how they should stay.

I saw teeth-- I saw something beyond knowing-- I saw what it was they had locked away.
I tried to run from that... thing-- but slipped on the blood-slicked floor...
I’ve walked through ruined corridors, and crawled through passages choked with decay.
But, when some doors are locked-- that’s how they should stay.

[Part 2]

I’ve seen what should not be.
Chattering teeth-- a menagerie of twisting bone.
Kept behind a simple lock and key.

Soaked in bygone blood, I attempted to flee--
Unable to stare a moment longer into the face of the unknown.
Who wouldn’t run from what should not be?

It gurgled and screamed like a demented banshee,
as it clambered from its glistening gore-strewn throne.
Who would keep such a thing behind a simple lock and key?

As I ran, I saw the floor was strewn with horrific debris--
Shattered skulls, picked clean of flesh-- I wasn’t alone,
other poor souls had seen what should not be.

A window shone with moonlight-- calling to me.
I climbed atop a mountain of rotting flesh, and emerged onto cold stone.
I was free-- no longer kept behind a simple lock and key.

I sit hoping that someone will read this-- will hear my desperate plea.
Entering that place, and finding that horror... is a sin I cannot atone.
I’ve seen what should not be,
Once kept behind a simple lock and key.

No comments:

Post a Comment